Hello, I am back! I have had my craziest, busiest year yet. Since my last post, close to a year ago (how time flies!), I have opened a Retail Shop. This, and the online shop have taken up a lot of my time and have not had much time to write or bake. My year can be summarised by one word… TOUGH! I cannot believe Christmas is just 6 days away.
As it’s Christmas I thought I’d share a current favourite in our home- Mincemeat Muffins.
Mincemeat Muffins (makes 12-15)
280g self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice or cinamon
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
80g soft brown sugar
90ml vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C Fan/ 190 C conventional. Line muffin tray with muffin cases or grease tin if not useing liners
- Sift together the dry ingredients into a large bowl
- In a separate bowl mix together the eggs, oil, mincemeat, sugar and milk
- Stir liquid mixture into the dry, taking care not to over mix
- Fill each muffin case 2/3 full with mixture. Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until
a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean
Have a great Christmas!!!